Questions About Plum Tree Wind?
Apex Clean Energy is committed to answering the community's questions. Click here to submit your question and we'll post a detailed response for the entire community to see on our blog.
About Plum Tree Wind
Plum Tree Wind promises to be among the largest construction projects in the history of Huntington County, offering economic development benefits county-wide.
Apex Clean Energy expects to invest more than $195 million of private capital to build Plum Tree Wind.
Survey Shows Huntington County Supports Wind Energy
An independent telephone survey of Huntington County homeowners found 56% already support a wind energy project in rural southeastern Huntington County, and an overwhelming 90% support wind energy for America.
Full survey results
Plum Tree Wind Benefits for Huntington County
Plum Tree Wind will create jobs and generate an entirely new source of long-term revenue for schools, governments, and landowners.
- Estimated $110 million in economic impact for Huntington County
- New source of property tax revenue for schools and county government
- Annual payments to landowners will inject millions of dollars in the local economy over Plum Tree Wind's 25-year life cycle
- Additional full-time jobs for support and maintenance
- Significant economic boost during construction phase
What Does This Oklahoma Farmer Say About Apex Clean Energy?
WPTA-TV Visits Van Wert Wind Farm
Reporter Rachelle Spence reports from the Blue Creek wind farm on jobs, economic impact, turbine sound levels, and more. Watch it online.